[mythtv-users] Best Sat receiver for Dish Network

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 8 19:09:14 UTC 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 12:00 PM, William wrote:

> For SD you might as well go cheap. Get a 2700 or a 3900 on ebay for
> cheap.
> All models use the same remote code and there really is not a
> noticable
> picture difference. This is especially true if you plan on using
> something
> like cemu101 (Assuming you live where its not illegal to receive
> programming
> for free.)

Hadn't thought about E-Bay as a source, I was just going to call the
folks who installed my system. I think they said originally that I
could get a total of 4 sets (two receivers) for the same price, it's
just that I only needed 1 receiver (I thought), so I was kind of
assuming I could get another receiver free.

Probably a vain hope.