[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Mar 8 21:16:53 UTC 2006

Noah Markon wrote:
> my local NBC runs a digital weather channel, today one block went from
> 2pm to 6pm. What would happen if some one happened to leave that
> channel on for 4 hours? Or lets say there was a football game being
> broadcast in HD, those are long broadcasts that can quickly fill up
> your hard drive..

Like any program, whether it be weather, a long movie, or a sports even,
it would record it for 4 hours and it would be expired after it was done
if needed.

Again, Myth *never* expires anything you don't let it so if you don't
want it to expire something, don't set it expirable.  Otherwise, if
you're running out of space, more space is generally the right answer.

Kevin