[mythtv-users] Hauppage 250 tuner card image problems

Joshua Frank frankjoshua at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 23:06:30 UTC 2006

I have pvr-250 card that after a  few days of recording with start to show
image defects in the recordings and whiles displaying live tv. After I
reboot the problem goes away for a couple of days. I have multiple cards in
the system and this isn't the first time this happened. The first time it
was the same problem with my pvr-350 card. All the other cards will work
fine just one tuner goes a little flaky.
I get an interesting result when I run:
debian:~# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     634699    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:         40    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          4    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 14:       9774    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 15:        116    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
137:     376581   IO-APIC-level  ivtv0
145:        424   IO-APIC-level  ivtv1
153:       1173   IO-APIC-level  ivtv2, eth0
161:       9001   IO-APIC-level  ivtv3
169:          0   IO-APIC-level  VIA8237
NMI:          0
LOC:     634652
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

For the ivtv0 card which is the one that is acting up the CPU0 number is way
higher than the rest even on a fresh boot. This number also goes up even
when the card is idle. I'm running ivtv-0.4.3 stable drivers 2.6.15.4 kernel
and mythtv 0.19 so I don't think I can update software any further. Has
anyone seen this problem before? I'm not sure if it's ivtv, mythtv or just
debian related.
--
Joshua Frank
frankjoshua at gmail.com