[mythtv-users] Component Output on NVidia 6200 series

Andrew lists at heathsworld.com
Thu Mar 9 00:45:06 UTC 2006

Steve Skarda wrote:

>     Also, TV out on videocard I cannot get the screen sized correctly.  It
>     outputs a 640x480 image in the middle no matter what i set TVStandard
>     to.  (Although I have not tried since moving to nvidia 8xxx series)  I
>     tried to revert back to 6629 drivers to test, but they no longer work
>     with .6.15 kernels.  Well at least not with my GeForce2GO in my
>     laptop -
>     have not tried on big puter.
>

> I had the same problem.  I think I fixed it with the right mode in the
> display section in my xorg.conf.  Recognize, there is a lockup problem
> on 1080i component out.  You need render accel=true in xorg.  In
> nvidia-settings you need sync to blank set to false and load nvidia
> settings everytime x loads.   There might be a way to put a line right
> in xorg to avoid nvidia-settings but I don't know what it is.  (Anyone
> else?)
>
> Attached is my xorg.conf.   I am using comonent out from a 6600 which
> should be the same as 6200 as far as the setup is concerned.  I am sure
> it is not correct in every techncial aspect but I managed to work around
> the options until I had it working.  It only works if the TV is plugged
> in but VGA is not since there is no line to force component out like
> there is for S-video.  Most of the people on this list are smarter than
> me so if someone see something obviously wrong in my xorg, please let me
> know.

Here is what made my 6200 work like a charm:

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 6200"
         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
         # TV Out Setup
         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
         Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV" # Add this if you're having problems
EndSection