[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag Crashes on Certain Recordings

K Stanton stantonx at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 03:27:46 UTC 2006

Hopefully someone can find a clue here...  I've finally gotten mythtv to
be "family friendly" and we're really liking it!  However, some programs
from Comcast Digital are giving us problems.  It only happens on "cable"
channels (ie, Comedy Central, TBS, USA, DSC), not the local broadcast
channels nor HDTV.  Watching a recording, somewhere during a commercial
break mythfrontend will freeze and most-likely crash.  Separately,
mythtranscode will choke on the file.  mythcommflag will choke on the
file.  The best diagnosis I am able to come up with is from
mythcommflag.  Hopefully you can see the attached output or the link
below.  The best I can guess is that the resolution is changing from
704x480 to 526x480 around the same time as the problem.  Trying to glean
as much information as possible from watching the recordings, the
problem seem to happen when Comcast switches to it's local commercials.

http://pastebin.ca/44993

I'm using an HD5000 DVB / HDTV tuner, and mythbackend has no problems
recording these recordings.  I'm using 0.19, and the latest ffmpeg.

1.  Does anyone else have this problem?
2.  What is my problem?
3.  Do you have a clue as to how can I fix it?  I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks,
Kevin