[mythtv-users] MythDora, ATrpms andPlextor go7007 drivers

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 9 04:01:11 UTC 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 8:45 PM, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 02:04:42PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>> Well I'm still at it, trying to get a Plextor TV-402U to work on a
>> MythDora installation.
>>
>> Once again, the drivers build without errors, but trying to insert
>> the modules results in :
>>
>> kernel: snd_go7007: Unknown symbol snd_pcm_new
>> Mar  8 13:24:08 myther kernel: snd_go7007: disagrees about version of
>> symbol snd_pcm_lib_ioctl
> [...]
>>
>> The alsa RPMs are from the AT repository:
>>
>> [root at myther ~]# rpm -qa | grep alsa
>> alsa-driver-1.0.10-43.rhfc4.at
>
> Uh, that's probably the problem right there.  It looks like you're
> *not*
> running the ALSA drivers that came with the kernel, but a separate
> installation of them directly from the ALSA release.
>
> Try running this command on that system:
>
>    strings /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound/core/snd.ko | grep -
> i alsa
>
> If the ALSA version number listed is 1.0.10rc3, then you're running
> the
> ALSA that's shipped in kernel 2.6.15.  If the ALSA version number is
> 1.0.10, then you're running ALSA modules from an externally compiled
> package.  -Nathan

[root at myther ~]#   strings /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound/core/
snd.ko | grep -i alsa
alsa
Type 10: ALSA emulation
<3>ALSA card file remove problem (%p)
Sound Driver:3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v1.0.10rc3 emulation code)

So, it looks like the correct version, but could it be the correct
version but somehow compiled differently ??

Thanks for the response, I really want to get this figured out.

Where do I go from here ??