[mythtv-users] DVB failing to generate recordings - please help!

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:41:46 UTC 2006

On 09/03/06, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 08/03/06 15:59, Luis Ochoa typed ...
> > I'm experiencing a similar situation. You don't say what type of DVB,
> > but by looking at your logs it seems DVB-C.
>
>    Couldn't tell you what 'sort';  all I know is it's a UK Hauppauge Nova-T.
> for terrestrial (broadcast) DVB.

It's DVB-T (DVB-T is Terrestrial, DVB-C is Cable, and DVB-S is Satellite).

Planet Earth is fortunately repeated the following Saturday evening,
so if you haven't already, set up a recording for the first episode!

I haven't updated to 0.19 yet but would suggest trying to see whether
turning off DVB signal monitoring and using DVB on-demand make a
difference. Have you been able to use the DVB card outside of MythTV
i.e. using tzap or Kaffeine to record files successfully?

If you can watch TV and files are correctly created when using the DVB
card, but not when recording from a schedule, I'm not certain what the
problem could be. The card and channel definitions must be OK for
LiveTV to work, and if I understand things correctly, the new LiveTV
functionality is more integrated to allow in-progress LiveTV to be
saved as a regular recording.

If nothing else works, I'd take a backup of the DB and then remove the
card and channel definitions, and see whether adding the DVB card
afresh makes any difference.

Good luck,
Nick