[mythtv-users] Why does going to live TV take so long?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 9 16:56:00 UTC 2006

James C. Dastrup wrote:
> And how does that explain the 15 second delay with remote tuners? And
> how does that explain the much faster LiveTV startup times with 0.18?
> In my opinion, something needs to be fixed in 0.19 to speed up LiveTV,
> but most of the developers tell us that we just shouldn't be watching LiveTV.

You're probably going to have to provide some debugging information
specific to your system.  The entire LiveTV system was rewritten in 0.19
so comparing it to 0.18 only has limited value.  I have remote tuners
(SD and HD) and I don't experience 15 second start times with LiveTV.
Are you running 0.19 or 0.19-fixes or SVN and how recent?

Kevin