[mythtv-users] Why does going to live TV take so long?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 9 19:30:00 UTC 2006

James C. Dastrup wrote:
> Regarding the problem, I've seen enough other posts with the same or
> similar issues to tell me it's not just me or my network. I'll keep trying
> 0.19+ again every few months, and hopefully someday it will be fixed.
> As for me trying to submit bugs, it gets a bit discouraging when you
> try and you're just told something like "It still works, doesn't it? Just
> deal with the 15 second delay if you insist on watching Live TV."

It will likely get fixed faster if you provide some debugging
information regarding what you are seeing.  If no one else or at least
no one else speaking up right now sees this problem and especially if no
developer is seeing your problem, it will likely never get fixed unless
you can provide more detail than "it takes 15 seconds" because it can't
be reproduced by others.

This may mean posting your networking particulars (despite your
insistance that it isn't) so they can be confirmed, troubleshooting
remote vs. local tuning times, and maybe, yes, even inserting some
debugging statements into your local copy of Myth to print out
information with timings as I indicated before.

I can appreciate your frustration levels with something that isn't
working right, but try to understand the reverse for a developer who
can't reproduce your problem being asked to fix it without any
additional information...

Kevin

Kevin