[mythtv-users] Moving Recordings to a Myth box

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 9 20:44:41 UTC 2006

On 03/09/2006 03:34 PM, Andrew Close wrote:
> On 3/9/06, Daniel A Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:
>
>> Note that you don't have to ever go into the Video Manager if you're
>> content with just picking the videos from a list; as long as they are in
>> the proper directory you'll see them and can pick and play them just
>> fine (there may be an option you need to set to allow browsing or to
>> always pick up new files or something like that). I'm not sure what
>> Video Manager actually does...maybe adds the movie poster and additional
>> details if it can find them? I don't use it at all.
>>
> hmm, i'll have to look at my setup options then.  i don't ever see the
> videos appear 'until' i go into the video manager.  it then scans and
> they pop up.

Video (Browser|Gallery|List) browses files
If set, this will cause the Video (Browser|Gallery|List) screen to show
all relevant files below the MythVideo starting directory whether they
have been scanned or not.

Video List Loads Video Meta Data
If set along with Browse Files, this will cause the Video List to load
any known video meta data from the database. Turning this off can
greatly speed up how long it takes to load the Video List tree

>   maybe there is a way to set that up so it continually
> scans your video directory..?

No way to do that.

Mike