[mythtv-users] Partly OT: Converting HD content in MPEG2-TS to DVD compliant MPEG2

N Dugas normdugas at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 9 20:44:52 UTC 2006

I'm looking to see how other people convert their HD content to DVD
compliant mpeg2.  I've tried using nuvexport with both transcode and
ffmpeg but both do not seem to work.  I get rolling colors.  The
mencoder option with nuvexport does not even list a DVD option.  I can
however export to DVD regular SD content.  I have some Austin City
Limits shows in HD I'd like to put on DVD.

avidemux2 will not open MPEG2-TS files.

Captures are done over firewire from a Motorola DCT-6412.

Any help/pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Norm