[mythtv-users] Component Output on NVidia 6200 series

Jonathan Lin jonlin at linsvilla.com
Thu Mar 9 20:47:40 UTC 2006

Blair Preston wrote:
> It's true that 1080i does not work quite right on all monitors (though it does
> on some).  However, I have been able to get it to work in 480i mode on my EDTV
> at 800 by 600 and in 16:9 mode, which is still a very good picture. VGA works
> for higher resolutions without issues on monitors that support this input.  If
> your getting blue, you probably do not have the correct driver selected in
> your xorg.conf or XFConfig file (usually found in /etc/X11/). Many
> distributions select driver 'nv' instead of driver 'nvidia', this will make
> you blue ;)  The relavent sections are inserted below. Hope it helps, best of
> luck
>
> Section "Module"
>     Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
>     Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
>     Load "extmod"
>     Load "type1"
>     Load "freetype"
>     Load "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so"
>     Load "glx"
> EndSection
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier "device1"
>     VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
>     BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"
>     Driver "nvidia"
>     Option "TVStandard" "HD480i"
>     Option "DPMS" "off"
>     Option "CoolBits" "1"
>     Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"
> EndSection
>

> Jonathan Lin (jonlin at linsvilla.com) wrote:

> For me, I was not able to get my component out work properly.  I have
> the 6200 with a component out dangle.  I connect component out directly
> to my HDTv component In.  When X starts, I get a blue tint on everything
> on the screen.  A quick search on NVNews forum indicate that it could be
> a bios problem with my card.  Seems like the card is outputing s-video
> signal out to component out even tho the xorg has the line Option
> "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT" and option "TVStandard" "HD720P"

actually I do have the right driver installed.  Below is the snipped of
my xorg.conf

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "** NVIDIA (generic)                   [nv]"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VideoRam    65536
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
    Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT"
    Option      "TVStandard" "HD720p"
    BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

I finally got a S-Video cable that I am going to try out tonight.  I
just do not know if s-video can do 1384x734.