[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Mar 9 23:40:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 20:04 +1100, Doug Scoular wrote:
> Hi All,
>     A number of my colleagues and I have just upgraded our systems
>     to mythtv 0.19.
>
>     I'm running a gentoo system with a genkernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r5 kernel.
>
>     I have a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T card as my primary tuner and
>     an AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800) external tuner.
>     While my colleagues all have Nova-T based systems.

The Nova-T driver is broken, it reports a lock when there isn't a lock.
One of the DVB driver folks told me this would be fixed in 2.6.12...
No such luck.

But the main problem with DVB is that none of the regular MythTV
developers uses DVB-x, it basically is maintained as a side-effect
of having ATSC support in MythTV.

-- Daniel