[mythtv-users] DVD ripping

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 10 01:14:17 UTC 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 5:58 PM, <cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to make this work.
>
> When I put in a DVD and menu over to "Import DVD", it says
> something like "No
> jobs. Waiting for DVD".
>
> I've checked that the path is correct and writeable by the mythtv
> user and
> that mtd is indeed running.
>
> I'm running .19 from atrpms on Fedora Core 4 with the 1833 kernel.
>
> This issue has come up a few times on #mythtv-users by various
> users and I
> haven't seen any resolution come of it.  I couldn't see an trac
> tickets
> related to this.  Admittedly, I've never used trac before, so if
> there was
> something there, I missed it.
>
> Any insight or any suggested avenues for exploring this are welcome.

It works for me with a similar setup (MythDora, which is ATrpms to a
large extent, kernel 1831).

I say it works, but every now and then, perhaps one time in 10 or 12,
I will get the symptom you get. I just remove the disk and re-insert
it and it works, one time only I had to do this twice.

I know this isn't much help, but have you tried it a few times ??