[mythtv-users] DVD ripping

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 01:19:33 UTC 2006

> I say it works, but every now and then, perhaps one time in 10 or 12,
> I will get the symptom you get. I just remove the disk and re-insert
> it and it works, one time only I had to do this twice.
>
> I know this isn't much help, but have you tried it a few times ??

Same thing here, probably less rare than even 10-12th time.  For me
it's more like every 20th DVD, and the solution is the same as well
(remove, reinsert).  I run a hybrid network of Gentoo, Fedora and
Knoppmyth (from time to time for troubleshooting and things) and it
happens on any one of them at a random interval.

Even less help I know, but there ya go.  I personally blame libdvdread
or one of those related libraries, not myth.

Chad