[mythtv-users] Having problems setting up MythTV?

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 12:34:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

Are you having problems setting up MythTV? Would you
like some help to set up a working MythTV PVR?

If so, maybe we can work together to set up your
MythTV PVR. I have started a project called AMICUS
which is an automatic MythTV installer. It is
specially designed to be easy to use and friendly to
those new to Linux and MythTV.

AMICUS is an install script which uses Debian Linux to
set up a fully functional MythTV PVR. It comes in two
forms: 1) is just a script that will install on a
Debian Netinst system, or 2) a bootable CD ISO image
which comes with everything you need to install and
maintain a MythTV PVR.

Now, to be honest this project is in development and
still has a few rough edges which is why I need your
feedback on how to improve it. However, together with
the merry band of AMICUS testers and users, it is
getting better literally everyday. There have been
several successful installs to date.

If you would like to join up and build your MythTV PVR
please send me an email and I will subscribe you to
the amicus-users mailing list or you can join here: