[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Fri Mar 10 12:37:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 06:40:29PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 20:04 +1100, Doug Scoular wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >     A number of my colleagues and I have just upgraded our systems
> >     to mythtv 0.19.
> >
> >     I'm running a gentoo system with a genkernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r5 kernel.
> >
> >     I have a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T card as my primary tuner and
> >     an AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800) external tuner.
> >     While my colleagues all have Nova-T based systems.
>
> The Nova-T driver is broken, it reports a lock when there isn't a lock.
> One of the DVB driver folks told me this would be fixed in 2.6.12...
> No such luck.

Interesting.  I have two of the original Nova-Ts (over 2 years old
now), not the newer 990 ones you can buy now, on kernel 2.6.15.

I'm having the opposite problem - all my recordings have been fine,
but I can't get LiveTV to work at all!

A possible data point - the channel scanner in MythTV didn't work very
well.  I tried it 5 times and it only detected a couple of multiplexes
(out of 6 possible).  I did a scan with 'scan' and made a
channels.conf and imported that in the end.

> But the main problem with DVB is that none of the regular MythTV
> developers uses DVB-x, it basically is maintained as a side-effect
> of having ATSC support in MythTV.

:-(