[mythtv-users] New Mini Core Duo, No Video

Brendan White bmwt at caida.org
Fri Mar 10 17:24:11 UTC 2006

Ah, ppl who have been fighting the same intel mini battle :)

I actually got the ppc binary to run.  You need to disable altivec
color space handling.   Once you do that, video should work.  On my
setup (core duo) it's dropping frames- not too surprising given the
conversion.

I've been trying to get a native version compiled (using svn
versions), using the osx-packager script.  So far i have an
executable, but it fails at runtime due to a missing symbol.

Inara:~/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS bmwt$ ./mythfrontend
dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTV24CaptionServiceDescriptor
   Referenced from:
/Users/bmwt/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/
mythtv.framework/mythtv
   Expected in: flat namespace

so close :)

-brendan