[mythtv-users] DVD ripping

cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 19:25:43 UTC 2006

--- Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2006, at 5:58 PM, <cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to make this work.
[blah blah blah]

> It works for me with a similar setup (MythDora, which is ATrpms to a
> large extent, kernel 1831).
>
> I say it works, but every now and then, perhaps one time in 10 or 12,
> I will get the symptom you get. I just remove the disk and re-insert
> it and it works, one time only I had to do this twice.
>
> I know this isn't much help, but have you tried it a few times ??

So, I took your suggestion, and suddenly, it recognises the DVD I inserted.
I was very surprised by this.

So, the rip seems to have succeeded, but it leaves me with .ISO files.  I
ripped a Monk DVD, 4 episodes, and I got 4 .ISO files.  I don't know what do
to with an .ISO file in myth.  Is mplayer supposed to know what to do with an
.ISO file?  When I menu over to play the ripped video, mplayer seems to abort
immediately.  I'll check the archives and google for help with this.

Thanks for the tip about removing and inserting the DVD.

John