[mythtv-users] Anyone care to share their XBOX .19 install

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Mar 10 19:51:02 UTC 2006

Joel Ostheller wrote:
> I feel pretty silly asking this - I assumed (silly me) that people
> were moding their xbox's to be a frontend by disabling the ability to
> play games. after a few searches I am starting to get that maybe that
> isnt necessarily true. What do I lose by using my mythbox as a
> frontend? do i have to have a linux dvd in the drive to run the frontend?
The only silly question is one that isn't asked. While the xbox is
acting as a frontend, you can't play games (obviously) but all you need
to do is reboot and you can play games again. You really don't lose
anything, and gain a lot. And no, you can install linux to the hard
drive so you don't have to run it from a DVD (can you even do that?)

Tom