[mythtv-users] FTA channels on DishNetwork satellites

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Mar 10 21:39:00 UTC 2006

I recently purcased a DVB-S card for my mythbox to see what kind of FTA
stuff I could pick up from the DishNetwork satellites my dish is
currently pointed at (I can't move the dish to look for others since we
do pay Dish for a normal subscription).

I'm not interested in doing anything illegal, just wanted to poke around
with the FTA stuff that I know exists out there.

Anyway, I apparently got in way over my head, since I can't even seem to
do a normal channel scan, or even figure out where to look up the
information to set up mythtv to do the scan (no matter what I try, it
hangs at 3% with no signal strength/etc).

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

-Chris