[mythtv-users] IR Blaster, how does it work?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 03:44:26 UTC 2006

An IR Blaster doesn't plug into the satellite reciever.  It plugs into the
computer and sends an IR signal to the satellite reciever (just like a
remote control would).

You would control mythtv with a remote, and then mythtv would send channel
change commands to the satellite reciever as needed via the IR blaster.