[mythtv-users] Connecting to my TV

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Sat Mar 11 20:50:28 UTC 2006

OK, I have a server with MythTV installed with SuSE 10.0 and KDE 3.5, I
assume the first thing is to get it connected to my TV and acquire video
  output to TV. I have a FX 5500 nVidia graphics card and the pcHDTV3000
tuner card for now. I can only see a command prompt at this point and
get black screen when trying to run X. I assume I need to configure SuSE
for this, but I cannot find a manual at Mitsubishi for my model of 55"
1080i TV in order to get my settings need for refresh. But anyway, I
even get black when trying to run sax2 (graphics conf) from YaST2 (the
control panel for SuSE). So, from looking at the Wiki, I guess I need to
setup my own Video settings somewhere in sysconfig? Looking for some
guidance here as to my next move, hoping someone can point me to some
doc or suggest how to get this going. Also, the Wiki says to download
the drivers from pcHDTV web site in the doc for setting up this card. I
found the software and download, but the only distro folders are FC2 and
RH9 folders, can someone suggest my procedure for SuSE 10.0?

--
Robert