[mythtv-users] Shutdown unused slaves

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 01:28:17 UTC 2006

On 11/03/06, John Armstrong <ja at ggrove.plus.com> wrote:
> Looking at the automatic shutdown+startup options, it looks like it is
> designed to shutdown the whole mythtv system when it isn't being used, then
> bring back the whole system (including all slaves) in time for the next
> scheduled recording. Is it possible to just shutdown slaves that aren't
> being used?
> My setup is:
> Master backend with tuner 1. This machine is also my web, mail, samba, etc
> server, so is left on permanently.
> Slave backend/frontend with tuner 2. This only needs to be on when watching
> or recording.

I asked a similar question in the past, but the answer is still
currently no, AFAICT. From a 'power-saving without losing recordings'
standpoint, it would be great. The master backend can use WOL is
wakeup a slave, but there is no easy way to integrate a standalone
wakeup/shutdown script on a slave with its upcoming recordings list
that I am aware of.

Nick