[mythtv-users] Tuning QAM for Charter Cable with HD3000

Dylan R. Semler dsemler at macalester.edu
Sun Mar 12 03:08:57 UTC 2006

jborn at charter.net wrote:

>I'm very lost with how to do this.  I've run the following and created a channels.conf file:
>atscscan -A 2 -vvv atsc/us-Cable-EIA-542-IRC-center_frequencies-QAM256 > channels-EIA-542-IRC.conf
>
>This worked with 2 other frequiencies tables found in the atsc folder.
>
>So now I have 3 channels.conf with three different sets of data but all follow a common theme.  Multiply listings of [0001] - [000a].  Here is an example:

Those brackets in your channels.conf may be causing problems.  Try
replacing a few entries with nicer characters, then try azap on those
channels and see if it works.  i.e.

test1:609000000:QAM_256:0:2049:1
test2:609000000:QAM_256:0:2113:3
[0002]:609000000:QAM_256:0:2177:2

azap -r test1  (assuming the channels.conf file is in ~/.azap/channels.conf

Also, if you are going over cable then many of your channels may be
encrypted and you won't be able to see most of them.  I wrote a small
script that facilitates checking for encrypted channels, I can post it
if you need it.

Dylan