[mythtv-users] OT: Interstate Moving company needed...

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 05:27:39 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> My girlfriend is moving from Boston, MA to FL for a new job and we
> need to get her 1 bedroom apt. packed and moved to FL. Being that
> moving companies can be sketchy I'm wondering if anyone here has any
> recommended companies?
>
> I've got the FMCSA and BBB bookmarked, both which have information on
> moving, but finding reputable companies seems harder than searching
> for disreputable companies so I'm hoping for some suggested companies.
>
> Thanks guys'n'gals!
>
> --
> Steve

I spent a fare amount of time in the military, and did my share of DIY
moves (called DITY moves) and also used a couple commercial options.
After having both options and using them both, I'd also say DIY.  Save
yourself a good thousand bucks, make sure your things are packed like
you want them to be, and enjoy the drive!

If you definitely won't be going that route, I thought Allied was OK,
a little "brisk" when trying to get anyone nice to talk to, but
nonetheless, got the job done well enough for me.  Cost?  I have no
idea, the Navy paid for it either way.

Good Luck!

Chad