[mythtv-users] bob & 800x600 - can someone test?

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 13 00:11:40 UTC 2006

Nick,

I'm messing with the same kinda stuff.  Similar, but not exact same
symptoms.

I was extremely frustrated after going to 7676 and using bob deinterlace
and OpenGL VSync (and 800 x 600) to see very high CPU utilization.  Out
of total frustration, I rebooted, and lo and behold, my CPU utilization
is down to around 25% now.  Don't know what happened, and I didn't
change anything else.  It seems to be sticking there, but I haven't
watched a lot of TV since then, so nothing definitive can be deduced yet.

I am getting a TON of rebuffering messages in the frontend since these
changes (maybe around 2/second), and though I don't really know what
rebuffering means, I'm suspecting that it's related to a different
extremely annoying problem I'm seeing, which I'll call "jitter" or
"skipping" (or dropped frames?) for lack of a better term.

I was previously running at 1024 x 768, so I'm going to try going back
to that resolution to see if it makes a difference.

Anyway, this probably doesn't help you much, but it seems like our
symptoms *might* be related to a similar underlying problem.

Cheers,
john