[mythtv-users] HD-3000 QAM dead?

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Mon Mar 13 08:36:43 UTC 2006

I have had a HD-3000 running with QAM for a couple of months now. Just
last week everything was blacked out on that card when I tried to use
it. I can scan and pickup one frequency at 693000000 with a lot of
useless streams on it. (averthing at around 4-1000 on bandwidth with
dvbtraffic)

So I tried 8VSB which is working just fine but I'm in a bad location for
reception. Do you think its possible that QAM can die on this card but
8VSB will still work fine? I force installed the kernel over itself just
to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the files, put new
firmware files over the old ones to make sure there wasn't something
wrong with that. Still, nothing changed. I figured Cox just stopped us
from doing this but everybody else out here seems to be getting QAM with
integrated tuners just fine.And what really gets me is it seemed like it
was working on and off as I rebooted the system for the last couple
days. But that could have just been a coincidence or something.

-Mike