[mythtv-users] Master backend REQUIRES one tuner? Adding more?

Jim Minihane min02jsm at minihane.tzo.com
Tue Mar 14 04:21:52 UTC 2006

6 DirecTV receivers (2 more than free 4 room package) is only $98 extra up
front.

The slave backends are used Dell Optiplex P3-933 w/ 256MB RAM. Nothing too
impressive. The master would be the only one I'd actually throw any money
at. The master would be an Athlon X2 4800+. It would be the master that runs
the MySQL db, any transcoding, etc. Storage will be on an existing 2TB array
via Gbit ethernet. The only thing the slaves will be doing is running the
Plextors and encoding audio at 224Kb/s.

I'll have 3 frontends. All in all, only about $2000, soup to nuts.

  _____