[mythtv-users] MythDora, ATrpms andPlextor go7007 drivers

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-mythtvusers at litech.org
Tue Mar 14 04:43:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 09:01:11PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2006, at 8:45 PM, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 02:04:42PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> >> Well I'm still at it, trying to get a Plextor TV-402U to work on a
> >> MythDora installation.
> >>
> >> Once again, the drivers build without errors, but trying to insert
> >> the modules results in :
> >>
> >> kernel: snd_go7007: Unknown symbol snd_pcm_new
> >> Mar  8 13:24:08 myther kernel: snd_go7007: disagrees about version of
> >> symbol snd_pcm_lib_ioctl
[...]
> Thanks for the response, I really want to get this figured out.
>
> Where do I go from here ??

Brian,

I apologize for taking to long to get back to you; I was on travel and
wasn't able to get to my email as well as I expected.

I'll be installing FC4 on a test system here this week to try and figure
out what RedHat is doing with their ALSA modules.  Hopefully I'll be
able to reproduce the same problem you're experiencing with MythDora.
-Nathan