[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Re: bob & 800x600 - can someone test?

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 14 06:33:39 UTC 2006

Nick Bartos wrote:

> I was seeing them, but I think that was only when I was using xvmc.
> Lately I tried with & without xvmc but still had the cpu problem.
Interesting.  I've never used xvmc.

> Now I don't have any of the rebuffering errors at all.  A couple of
> "WriteAudio: buffer underrun", but only a couple.

I have 'em, and I think they're a problem (possibly the source of some
"stuttering" video, but dunno for sure). I posted another topic asking
for info about what the messages mean, but haven't gotten any replies.

> I tried changing a few things based on your input but nothing seems to
> help with opengl turned on (as it appears that you have enabled).  If I
> turn off opengl, it is generally a bit less but still stays very high a
> lot of the time.
I wonder if we have different opengl libraries?

# apt-cache policy libgl1-mesa
libgl1-mesa:
   Installed: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
   Candidate: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
   Version table:
  *** 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1 0
         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy-updates/main Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      6.3.2-0ubuntu6 0
         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages
# apt-cache policy libglu1-mesa
libglu1-mesa:
   Installed: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
   Candidate: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
   Version table:
  *** 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1 0
         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy-updates/main Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      6.3.2-0ubuntu6 0
         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages

> Could you send your kernel .config (usually from /usr/src/linux/.config)
> and a dump of the database (mysqldump mythconverg > db-dump.sql)?  I am
> thinking I could just blindly try both for testing and see if it helps.

Sent off-line.

Good luck.

john