[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault with ATI opengl

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:03:30 UTC 2006

> I've finally got my ATI Radeon 9800SE working with direct rendering.
> Opengl programs such as tuxracer, and glxgears are now working very well.
> However, when I go to mythgallery and enable Opengl transitions,
> mythfrontend segfaults when I try to view an image.

OK, I've just discovered direct rendering is only turned on for root. When I
try mythfrontend as root, everything works perfectly.

My xorg.conf has this in it:

Section "dri"
# Access to OpenGL ICD is allowed for all users:
    Mode 0666
# Access to OpenGL ICD is restricted to a specific user group:
#    Group 100    # users
#    Mode 0660
EndSection

Shouldn't that allow all users to have dri? Or have I missed something else?

Thanks,

Jonny