[mythtv-users] OT: vonage callerID on mythtv

Kevin Venkiteswaran kkvenkit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:34:58 UTC 2006

> On 3/13/06, Sdk <sdkovacs[at]gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The newer Vonage uses a different port. You should be able to edit
> the
> > > port number the script is listening on to get it to work.
> >
> > Anyone know the port number that the Linksys vonage device uses?
>
> Check the archives. I think I posted it was port 10000 that you can
> listen on to get the SIP packets on any version.

I was so intrigued by this I looked into and set things up this evening.
It took less than an hour.

The script I use (found in the mailing list archives) is at
http://www.thearmstrongs.org/mythtv/vonageSniff.pl.

Caller ID for SIP from my provider comes in on port 5060, not 5061.

If you want things to work immediately try running it like
this: ./vonageSniff.pl -ip=192.168.1.1 -f 'udp and port 5060'
(where 192.168.1.1 is my mythtv box; I ran the script on my firewall b/c
my phone adapter sits behind it and thus sees the SIP traffic).

I made a few minor changes to the script, such as formatting phone
numbers to ###-###-#### and displaying the date/time of the call
(because of Myth's time-shifting I often find myself unaware of the
current time). If you want I can post/mail the script.

Kevin