[mythtv-users] Audio Problems.

Bryan Bennetts bbennetts at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 09:25:11 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 Mar 2006 05:39, Brian Oldfield wrote:
> I've read that Myth will not record audio output from ALSA, is this
> true?

Not sure if that is true, however, I had similar symptoms as you (not noise
tho - just no audio on live tv), and fixed it by building MythTv with oss
support.  I read somewhere that even if you aren't using it, the support
needs to be built in.  Afraid I'm not at my home machine a.t.m. so cannot
send you the link, I found it because there was something along the lines
of :

'This version of Unix does not support sound files'

in /var/log/mythtv/*.log.

Hope this helps.