[mythtv-users] Best version for DVB-T

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:22:52 UTC 2006

On 14/03/06, Dawson, Guy <Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com> wrote:
> Nick
>
> The most important aspect for me is reliability.  We don't use live TV but I
> really need a box that will always record properly.  Some posts I've see
> about 0.19 talk of recording failures which completely destroys the point of
> a PVR. If live TV crashes, you can switch over, whereas settling down to
> watch last nights must see show only to find it's not there is a real pain
> (especially if it the wife's must see show!)
>
> I assume than you have a later Nova T, since you are using cx88??? modules?

Guy,

I have the newer (newest? purchased in Nov/Dec 04) 90002 model of the
Nova-T (I posted the lspci and modules info in the 0.19/DVB thread
whichi discusses the broken Nova-T driver). I've not had any problems
at all with recordings in 0.18.1 (or with LiveTV the few times I've
used it). I don't want to risk breaking my working setup, so I might
just hold-off for a while until the drvier is hopefully fixed.

Cheers,
Nick