[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Wed Mar 15 04:03:00 UTC 2006

> Who has the Plextor M402U working and on what distro. What did it take?

I've got two running on Debian sarge + 2.6.x kernel images (grabbed from
unstable) and hand-compiled modules and mythtv.  They're working really
well for me.

Two issues that I've had:
- you can only select mpeg-4, even in 0.19.  I'm not super picky about
video quality so it's no big deal, but...
- transcode to mpeg-2 does not seem to work.  I'd like to hear someone else
chime in on this and see if it's me doing something stupid or if it's
really not supported.

Just tonight I backported more recent codecs back to Debian stable and
mplayer will player the .nuv files now, so it seems like support for these
units is getting better all of the time.

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin