[mythtv-users] Changing channels on a GE DCT2224

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Mar 15 04:49:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:08 -0800, Jonathan Tidmore wrote:
> I tried using the contrib/dct2000serial.tar.gz but I am getting a
> python error:
>
> [mythtv at virgil bin]# ./changechannel.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./changechannel.py", line 148, in ?
>     cmdarg = sys.argv[1]
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> But I think this script is for a DCT2224 with a serial port.

I can confirm.  This script is for a DCT-2000 series box with a serial
port.  Never tested (at least not by me) with an IR blaster...

> Anyway, it seems I'm missing something simple.  Any pointers to get
> this working?

Yeah... don't use the serial changing channel script with a cable box
without a serial port. ;)

Look in mythtv/contrib/channel_changers/ and you'll find what you need.

	-I