[mythtv-users] Watch myth on cell phones

Joe Buckshin jbuckshin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 14:39:07 UTC 2006

> Well, what about streaming? I'm no expert, but do you really need to load
> the entire file to local storage before playing it? Theoretically, the V3
> RAZR is capable of playing streaming media (that's one of the hyped
> features, at least), so why not just rig MythTV to hook up a stream?
> Depending on your system configuration, you could pre-transcode or transcode
> the video on the fly.

There's the trick... I wouldn't assume you'll be able to stream
content (even if it's properly formatted) through the browser.  Also,
streaming content may be locked down by the provider.  I don't know if
there is any way to point to your own server for video content as
opposed to just getting what your provider wants to dish out to you.
You'd have to experiment a bit.

Joe