[mythtv-users] Newbie questions, but not stupid ones (I hope)

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Wed Mar 15 15:50:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 08:41:17AM -0500, Warren wrote:
> (2) Is there a way to watch live TV on a remote mythtv box that does not
> have a card in it - in other words, use the video capture card from the
> server to watch live TV from a remote location.  Since the front and
> back ends are separate anyway and I have /mnt/store mounted locally
> through nfs, it seems to me this should be possible, and that perhaps I
> just missed something.

I have a couple remote frontends set up, with nothing NFS mounted at
all, and the backend streams live TV to them without any hassles or
needing to do anything special, although it doesn't work so well for
my laptop (the wireless doesn't have enough bandwidth to keep up).

Have you tried it?  If it doesn't work, what does it do instead?

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that