[mythtv-users] Abnormally high load on backend?

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:16:27 UTC 2006

Hello.

My backend is an Athlon XP2100 with 1GB of RAM, 3 Nova-T DVB-T tuners
running 0.19 with the DVB radio patch.  As I write this, just a single
show is being recorded and no frontends are running.

Load average as reported by mythweb seems pretty high to me, (and no,
I haven't been hammering mythweb for the last 15 minutes).

1   Minute: 2.83
5   Minutes: 3.34
15 Minutes: 3.11

Guide data comes from the radio times grabber with the exception of
the radio channels which get their data over the air.

I'm sure other people run with similar configurations.  Do you
experience such high server load or have I got something poorly
configured?

Thanks,
Alex