[mythtv-users] Problems with the namings in myth-setup
Mardin01 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 16 13:47:13 UTC 2006
I have some problem with settign up my myth installation (based on
KnoppMyth) ... but there are some basic problem with myth-setup.
Before I want to give you some basic information on my used system:
1. small system using a EPIA M10000B with 120 GB HD
[drm] Initialized via 2.6.2 20050420 on minor 0: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8623
[Apollo CLE266] integrated CastleRock graphics
2. using a Siemens DVB-C with analog module connected to cable tv in germany
saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
dvb-ttpci: info @ card 0: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app
dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 0 supports CI link layer interface
dvb-ttpci: DVB-C analog module @ card 0 detected, initializing MSP3400
dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0.
3. TV connected with s-video and sound card an via mainboard
Now basic linux, X, network, sound, ... is working well, but I have some
problems with understanding the different settings in myth-setup ...
first setting is cards ... ok I have a combined dvb and analog card ... first
I installed only dvb-c ...
but the other setting I have problems to understand the next 2 positions ...
Input and Connection ... some confusion with channel.conf, channelnumber and
"mythfilldatabase --manual" because I got my program infos with german
grabber "... not supporting channel numbers"
I try to test some combinations :-) dvb works but could not get analog tv
work ... but could not find an explanation about these things ...
Thanks a lot for help
More information about the mythtv-users