[mythtv-users] 0.19: Some recordings are very quiet

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Mar 16 15:33:03 UTC 2006

Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> Thomas Börkel schreef:
>
>> HI!
>>
>> Since upgrading to 0.19, I've had 2 or 3 recordings, that were a lot
>> quieter than usual. The very most are OK.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> Using ivtv 0.2.x to record since a year or so.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Getting the same here, dunno yet if it's channel-, or card-specific though.
> I'm guessing it's something in mythtv, ivtv seems to be stable enough
> and running for a while(4.3)

For me it's definitely card specific. I have 2xPVR250's and 1 PVR150,
and the 150 is much lower than the 250's. I did experiment with manually
changing the volume while recording using ivtvctl, and it did fix it,
the problem is that Myth resets the volume for every recording. I had a
cron that raised the volume every few minutes, but that just resulted in
some recordings having continuous volume changes. I wish I knew C enough
to go in and add a per card volume setting. Heck, I'd just hard code it
in my own tree if I had to.

Tom