[mythtv-users] web instructions fail

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 16 15:59:14 UTC 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> I've been trying to follow this mythtv.org set of instructions to
> getting a DVD burned, but it's not happening. This is the set of
> instructions I'm trying to follow;
>
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.20
>
> On my debian (etch/testing) machine, when I try to save the video,
> after editing out commercials, I do not see "File-> Save -> Save Raw
> Video Stream". I've tried a few different outputs, but get an error
> that states something like;
>
> unknown format, and it aborts.
>
> On the debian machine I have avidemux 2.1.1-0.0 installed.
>
> Thanks

I also do not see the "save raw video" option, I just used "save -
video". Have you set the output format to mpeg video at the bottom of
the column on the left ?? I didn't see that instruction on the link
you supplied, but you need to do it.

  I'm using 2.0.42, don't know what else they might have changed since.