[mythtv-users] AutoExpire carnage

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Thu Mar 16 18:00:39 UTC 2006

Apologies for replying to myself, but I have further information

I spotted a hint about adding -v file to the mythbackend startup. I did
so and it brought out the following in the mythbackend.log

  AutoExpire: Running autoexpire, we want 2105 MB free, but only have 0 MB.

This on the slave server machine that uses NFS to mount the recordings
volume from the mythbackend master. To confirm, there is still 60+ Gigs
of space on this box.

So this reinforces the following questions:

- why does this machine believe it has no space.
- What database values should there be for two machines
   sharing an NFS mount
- Conversely, what values should there be for two machines with
   separate space, and can they share programs using streaming.

Thanks

Andy M