[mythtv-users] Which TV tuner is which?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:27:48 UTC 2006

On 16/03/06, Shanon Mulley <shanonmulleyster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank all for your advice.
>
> I ended up just unplugging the cards, and running a channel scan in
> mythtv setup to see how good the signal is. I was hoping there would
> be an easy file or something I could  access that would say "this card
> is dvb0, dvb1, etc", but it seems this is not the case.

It may help to turn on udev logging which will display information
about device creation when modules are loaded. Normally the first DVB
driver loaded will grab dvb0, and subsequent drivers will get dvb1,
dvb2 etc. Between dmesg, udev and lspci you should be able to
determine which card is which.

Nick