[mythtv-users] OT: Buying pvr-350 in SF bay area

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Fri Mar 17 06:10:38 UTC 2006

> I posted recently on using my PVR-350 again after using Nvidia for a
> while.  I
> had said that the 350 displayed a perfect interlaced picture, while using
> the
> framebuffer/Xv, not using the hardware decoder.

How exactly did you do that?  I have never setup a 350 before so I didn't
know what was involved.  I know that there is another option to use it
under the tv playback settings but I didn't know how to just use the
framebuffer.  If I use the built-in mpeg decoder, does that mean that I
have to use the audio output from the pvr-350 too?  I want to keep using
the digital output of my sound card.