[mythtv-users] Feature Request - Live TV record option in OSD

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Mar 17 06:42:32 UTC 2006

* On Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 10:48:44PM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I've just upgraded to 0.19 and really like the fact that you can
> > convert LiveTV into a recording. The problem for me is that you need
> > to press "R" to do this. While I could map this to a button on the
> > remote, it's not something I would do often enough to use up one of
> > the precious buttons. And dragging the keyboard out is a hassle in
> > today's remote control age! So I thought it would be a good option to
> > put on the OSD - "Start" & "Stop" Live TV recording.

> You have other options.
> 1) go into the guide while in live tv select the show and use the
> show's menu to record.

This still doesn't do what he wants which is to convert the currently
showing recording from the LiveTV group to the Default group in order to
save it.

> 2) change the group filter in the watch recordings menu to show the
> livetv recordings and change the group of the recording you want to
> Default.

Doing #2 would mean he would have to exit LiveTV which would mean his
recording would stop (since he hasn't pressed 'R') yet which kind of
defeats the purpose since he wants to keep that recording (and more
than likely he wants the end of it as well if it hasn't finished yet).
The only time this would work is if he remembers to do this after the
current program has finished and LiveTV switches to the next program
and creates a new recording in the database.

I made a note on my TODO, but it should be easy enough if someone wants
to write up a patch and submit a ticket.

--
Chris