[mythtv-users] mythweb slow

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Fri Mar 17 08:18:27 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Any recommendation on how to make mythweb faster?  The
> program listing is dog slow.

I assume you are running the new MythWeb from MythTV 0.19.
Check the apache log if the browser tries to download mouseovers.js
and other .js files everytime you open a program listing page. If it
does, then that might be the main reason for your problem. Solving
this reduced my page load time from 40 seconds to 12 seconds.

Otherwise if you have a lot of mysql activity during the delay and you
have a lot of scheduled recordings during the next week, then you can
solve that by removing the following lines from the file
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/programs.php:

            elseif ($this->chanid) {
                unset($this->filename);
            // Kludge to avoid redefining the object, which doesn't work in php5
                $tmp =
@get_object_vars(load_one_program($this->starttime, $this->chanid));
                if (is_array($tmp) && count($tmp) > 0) {
                    foreach ($tmp as $key => $value) {
                        $this->$key = $value;
                    }
                }
            }

My page load time was reduced from 12 seconds to 2 seconds by this approach.

As another poster stated Internet Explorer is not good for MythWeb,
because it does not show tables until the whole table has been loaded.
Firefox has a much better approach for that. But that problem has not
changed between 0.18.1 and 0.19

Niels Dybdahl