[mythtv-users] problem with multiple lnb diseqc setup after 0.18 / 0.19 replacement

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:18:20 UTC 2006

Hello,

I had a backend/frontend 0.18 setup which I replaced (not updated)
with 0.19, using the pre-compiled debian packages from
debian.video.free.fr.  I purposefully did not update, but replace the
backend installation because it was a bit messy.  So, now it's a clean
installation/database, but I had to setup everything again.

I have a dish with two lnbs (astra 19 and 28) which I had successfully
configured and running with 0.18 using Diseqc 1.1 2-way switcher (or
whatever it was called then).

Now here comes the problem: Setting up the first input for the DVB
card was no problem, but when trying to set up the second input it
always starts scanning, but almost immediately stalls at 3% and stays
there.

Just to be on the safe side, I tried all other diseqc settings (tone
switch diseqc 1.0, 1.1 etc), but obviously none worked.  I know the
card and reception is fine for both lnbs, a) because it worked with
0.18, and b) because szap finds a known frequency without problems.

I spent this past week trying to find a solution (dev and user lists,
searching svn/trac), and there's loads of discussion about DVB and
diseqc stuff, but it seems nobody else has this particular problem, or
I'm looking for the wrong expressions.  Thanks for any pointers.

--
cheers,
Jakob.