[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 17 13:49:30 UTC 2006

On Mar 17, 2006, at 5:53 AM, Jim Minihane wrote:

> OK. I can't transcode MPEG4 to MPEG2. I can live with that. What about
> ripping a DVD? What's the output format? Is it just a DVD ISO image?

I've used ffmpegx on a Mac to make an mpeg-2 from a Plextor mpeg-4. A
pain perhaps, but if you need to make a DVD it does work.

You can get an .iso image from a DVD if you wish. In "perfect" mode
you get a .vob file, so you get only the individual title that you
selected as one large file. You can rip multiple titles from a DVD
and get a separate vob file from each.

More useful to me, but perhaps not to everyone.